This class is an outgrowth of the color lecture that I have presented to audiences for several years. In it I share practical ideas for working with color and fabric that will give you confidence as you make your own quilts. Please do watch the preview below :-).
Please note that Color Theory for Quilters is also available as an online class at Annie's. Online classes are available 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Choose the format that works best for you. Order the DVD here on my site, or click here to order the online class from Annie's.
The information presented in this class goes hand-in-hand with my book, The Quilter's Practical Guide to Color.
In this DVD, you'll learn how to:
- Identify color inspiration in the world around you.
- Master the color wheel and learn the relationship between colors.
- Gain a deeper understanding of contrast and value.
- Employ technology for planning and reviewing color combinations.
- Direct the viewer's eye inside a quilt composition.
- Recognize a fabric's nature and use it to its best advantage.
- Use a design wall to audition possible fabric combinations.