Join me as I share quilting fundamentals that will put you well on your way to a successful quilting journey. The information in this DVD plays a part in every quilt I make. Please do watch the preview below :-).
Please note that Quilting ER: Avoiding Mistakes is also available as an online class at Annie's. Online classes are available 24/7, 365 days a year from any mobile device, both tablet and non-tablet (phones, iPod Touch, etc.) but classes are best viewed on tablets or computers. All Annie's online classes and DVDs have closed captioning.
Choose the format that works best for you. Order the DVD here on my site, or click here to order the online class from Annie's.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Use your sewing machine manual to master this important tool.
- Plan your sewing space to promote healthy quilting.
- Construct and use a design wall.
- Understand the importance of following pattern instructions and the things to consider if you do your own thing.
- Piece half-square triangles and Flying Geese blocks several different ways.
- Achieve perfectly matched points and seams by starting with accurate cutting.
- Accurately measure your seam allowance.
- Identify the thread and sewing machine needles that are right for your project.
- Adjust your sewing machine tension to achieve the perfect stitch.
- Press seam allowances several different ways and the pros and cons of each way.
- Explore the many different battings available in the marketplace.
- Attach both double-fold and single-fold bindings for a professional finish.
- Add a hanging sleeve and document your quilt.