Hexy Bird Digital Download
Blue birds, 1/2"-hexies, and embroidery come together in this cheerful quilt!
This quilt has a total of 1513 hexes, but since the papers are reusable you don't have to have that many on hand. Use the 1/2" acrylic hexagon template to make cutting the fabric hexes faster. If you like to glue-baste your hexes to save time, you'll want to have a Sewline or Quilter's Select Glue Pen, and glue refills.
If you have never worked with paper pieced hexagons before, you might find these videos interesting. Click here to go to watch the fundamentals of English paper piecing, and click here for information on how to use the Sewline Glue Pen.
Finished quilt size: 62” x 62“
Finished block size: 15” x 15”
Included in the 33-page pattern are:
- A black and white pattern for the bird and setting blocks, and for the side and top/bottom borders. Please note that the pattern pages print on 8 1/2" x 11" pages that must be trimmed and taped together to make the full-sized patterns.
- Color photos of the whole quilt and close-ups of the bird and the setting blocks
- Yardage and cutting instructions for the entire quilt
- Basic applique instructions
- Cutaway applique instructions.
Digital Downloads are delivered directly to your computer as PDF files that you can save and print on your own printer.
You will receive an email with a link once your order has been processed. This may take 24 hours, depending on when you place your order. If you have questions or problems, email me (email@example.com) and I’ll fix the problem as soon as I can.
Always print your patterns at actual size. If you are unsure about how to do that, click here to read a blog post with detailed information about printer settings.