Classes from Annie's Craft Store
These are online classes that you sign up for at Annie's Craft Store. The links are listed below.
Color Theory for Quilters
Click here to order the online class from Annie's.
The information presented in this class goes hand-in-hand with my book, The Quilter's Practical Guide to Color.
In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Identify color inspiration in the world around you.
- Master the color wheel and learn the relationship between colors.
- Gain a deeper understanding of contrast and value.
- Employ technology for planning and reviewing color combinations.
- Direct the viewer's eye inside a quilt composition.
- Recognize a fabric's nature and use it to its best advantage.
- Use a design wall to audition possible fabric combinations.
Quilting ER: Avoiding Mistakes
Click here to go to Annie's for more information. Please note that Quilting ER: Avoiding Mistakes is also available as a DVD here on my site.
In this class, you’ll learn how to:
- Use your sewing machine manual to master this important tool.
- Plan your sewing space to promote healthy quilting.
- Construct and use a design wall.
- Understand the importance of following pattern instructions and the things to consider if you do your own thing.
- Piece half-square triangles and Flying Geese blocks several different ways.
- Achieve perfectly matched points and seams by starting with accurate cutting.
- Accurately measure your seam allowance.
- Identify the thread and sewing machine needles that are right for your project.
- Adjust your sewing machine tension to achieve the perfect stitch.
- Press seam allowances several different ways and the pros and cons of each way.
- Explore the many different battings available in the marketplace.
- Attach both double-fold and single-fold bindings for a professional finish.
- Add a hanging sleeve and document your quilt.