Online Classes for Guilds, Groups, & Shops
I love teaching online in combination with live Zoom interactions. It is truly wonderful to work with others and still be in your own sewing space. Feel free to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or to schedule a time to talk.
My hybrid online classes combine LIVE meetings on Zoom with my online classes on Creative Spark.
On the day of class, we begin in Zoom. During class, students watch videos on their internet browser window on Creative Spark and then come back to the Zoom window at pre-arranged intervals.
Separating the class videos from Zoom allows each student to watch at their own pace—no one gets left behind. We meet on Zoom every 30-45 minutes. In between Zoom meetings, students are welcome to call or text me with questions in real time.
- Refer to my Class Page for a list of classes.
- Class size is limited to 20 guild members. Additional students can be added with permission only.
- Students will be granted access to the class about a week in advance to watch the first few videos and do the 'homework' to prepare for class.
- The supply list, a free copy of the ebook, and other information is included in the class.
- We will begin the class day with a short class introduction on Zoom after which students can access the videos that make up the class. We will meet on Zoom during the day for questions and discussion.
- Students can text or email questions to me in real time for the duration of the class period.
My online classes are protected by copyright. Screen recording and/or sharing video links is prohibited.
- I am happy to present any of my lectures online to your guild. Click here to find them.
- Lectures will be conducted online on Zoom or similar meeting platform, in real time.
- Audience is limited to guild members.
- Students can ask questions through the guild moderator—I will answer questions at the end of the lecture.
- My online lectures are protected by copyright. Screen recording and/or sharing video links is prohibited.
If you are wondering what guilds have to say, Marilyn gave me permission to share this with you...
So happy to tell you about the wonderful feedback we've received from our Denton Quilt Guild Zoom Member Meeting. Our members called, texted and emailed me to say how much they enjoyed your Color Presentation and they want more of you! Me too! I believe that you have other presentation subjects that we would like to explore. Perhaps Spring of 2021?
On a personal note: I really felt at ease talking to you; I felt as if I was talking to a cherished friend. Thank you for information about using the Foundation paper when making Everyday Best. I am definitely going to make that quilt. I have to since I have a box and a half full of dots fabric. lol
Thank you again,
Marilyn Z McWilliams, President, Denton Quilt Guild