Online Classes for QUILT GUILDS
If you are a Quilt Guild looking for lectures and classes, I am happy to work with you! I'm sure you have questions about how this works... here are some answers. Feel free to email me (email@example.com) with questions or to schedule a time to talk.
- I am happy to present any of my lectures online to your guild. Click here to find them.
- Lectures will be conducted online on Zoom or similar meeting platform, in real time.
- Audience is limited to guild members.
- Students can ask questions through the guild moderator—I will answer questions at the end of the lecture.
- My online lectures are protected by copyright. Screen recording and/or sharing video links is prohibited.
My classes are now hosted on Creative Spark, a new teaching site. All of the class videos are there, together, in one place. On the day of class, we begin in Zoom and then move on to the videos in Creative Spark in an internet browser window. We meet back on Zoom on the hour. It works really well!
I separate the class videos from Zoom so that each student and pause the class whenever they need to. Also, the video quality and connection is usually better outside of Zoom. I share my contact information so that students can contact in real time during class, as needed.
- The classes on my class page are available to be taught virtually, with a live Zoom component, to guilds.
- Class size is limited to 20 guild members. Additional students can be added with permission only.
- Students will be granted access to the class about a week in advance so that they can watch the first few videos and do the 'homework' for class.
- The supply list, a free copy of the ebook, and other information is included in the class.
- We will begin the class day with a short class introduction on Zoom after which students can access the videos that make up the class. We will meet on Zoom during the day for questions and discussion.
- Students can text or email questions to me in real time for the duration of the class period. I am happy to answer questions after that, but it could take a bit for me to respond.
- My online classes are protected by copyright. Screen recording and/or sharing video links is prohibited.
If you are wondering what guilds have to say, Marilyn gave me permission to share this with you...
So happy to tell you about the wonderful feedback we've received from our Denton Quilt Guild Zoom Member Meeting. Our members called, texted and emailed me to say how much they enjoyed your Color Presentation and they want more of you! Me too! I believe that you have other presentation subjects that we would like to explore. Perhaps Spring of 2021?
On a personal note: I really felt at ease talking to you; I felt as if I was talking to a cherished friend. Thank you for information about using the Foundation paper when making Everyday Best. I am definitely going to make that quilt. I have to since I have a box and a half full of dots fabric. lol
Thank you again,
Marilyn Z McWilliams, President, Denton Quilt Guild