I designed this quilt (in 1995) to appeal to the child inside each of us! I sat down and drew the stories that I remember from my own childhood. Blocks have a finished size of 8" x 8". You are welcome to enlarge them to any size that suits you. Any one of these blocks would be fun enlarged and used as a center medallion surrounded by pieced blocks and/or multiple borders.
Here are the 12 blocks, by name:
- Chicken Little, famous for thinking that the sky is falling!
- Jack and the Beanstalk, and the cow jumping over the moon and the dish running away with the spoon
- Hansel and Gretel
- Hickory Dickory Dock, with 3 blind mice
- Humpty Dumpty
- Three little kittens who lost their mittens
- There was an old lady who lived in a shoe...
- The owl and the pussycat went to sea (in a beautiful pea-green boat!)
- Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater...
- Rub-A-Dub Dub, three men in a tub, namely the butcher, the baker, and the candlestick maker
- I'm a little teapot, short and stout...
- The Three Bears. (No Goldilocks.)
The PDF pattern has 28 pages and includes instructions to make the 44" x 53" quilt. Instructions include:
How to make and use templates
How to make and use a positioning overlay
12 block patterns
Instructions to make the borders
Digital Downloads are delivered directly to your computer as PDF files that you can save and print on your own printer.
You will receive an email with a link once your order has been processed. This may take 24 hours, depending on when you place your order. If you have questions or problems, email me (email@example.com) and I’ll fix the problem as soon as I can.
Always print your patterns at actual size. If you are unsure about how to do that, click here to read a blog post with detailed information about printer settings.