Hexy Bird Downloadable Pattern
Blue birds, 1/2"-hexies, and embroidery come together to make this incredibly cheerful quilt! This quilt will make you smile as you stitch :-).
Don't forget to order paper hexagons! This quilt has a total of 1513 hexes, but since the papers are reusable you don't have to have that many on hand. Order hexes made by Paper Pieces in sets of 125 hexes or 500 hexes; or you can order hexes from Busyfingers in sets of 100 hexes.
If you have never worked with paper pieced hexagons before, you might find these videos interesting. Click here to go to watch the fundamentals of English paper piecing, and click here for information on how to use the Sewline Glue Pen.
Finished quilt size: 62” x 62“
Finished block size: 15” x 15”
Included in the 33-page PDF ePattern are:
- A black and white pattern for the bird and setting blocks, and for the side and top/bottom borders. Please note that the pattern pages print on 8 1/2" x 11" pages that must be trimmed and taped together to make the full-sized patterns.
- Color photos of the whole quilt and close-ups of the bird and the setting blocks
- Yardage and cutting instructions for the entire quilt
- Basic applique instructions
- Cutaway applique instructions.
IF YOU ORDER A DOWNLOADABLE PATTERN you will be sent another email with a link to the pattern(s) once we have processed your order. This may take 24 hours or a little more, depending on when you place your order. If you have questions, you can email Becky and I'll do my best to get it to you right away.